Thursday, June 4, 2009

A fun Day at the Children's museum of Phoenix

Brook and a couple friends took the kids to the Children's art museum of Phoenix. It was not at all what I expected. I guess I thought it would have been more "museumy," but this place was 3 levels of playground! First up was the vaccuum stations, built of clear industrial pipings with doors to put scarves, and little stuffed toys through. That was the kids favorite part on the first floor. Next stop was the bike section, riding around on all kinds of bikes. Down the way a bit was a childrens grocer and kitchen. Next was the art section. The art section was the second favorite spot. They used glue to make designs on paper and color them with sprinkles of colored corn-meal, they got to paint a house (paint in everyone's hair.) The top floor had a forrest of pool noodles with a "no running" rule, which not everyone followed and there were a couple of crying children as a result, but no blood! Yay! They each got to flatten a penny in the machine for a souvenir. Next culture exhibit is the Heard Museum!

1 comment:

  1. Where is that one? There is one in Mesa that is awesome too! I went there growing up and it was one of my favorite places--I can't wait for Danica to get old enough to appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete